Strawberry Cheesecake in a Cup
- 12 graham crackers
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup salted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 - 8 oz. packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- zest and juice from two large lemons
- 20 fresh strawberries
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Pulse the graham crackers in a food processor until they become fine crumbs. Pour the crumbs into a bowl and add the sugar, butter, flour, baking powder, and vanilla. Use your fingers to pinch into a crumbly dough.
Spread the dough on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake in the center of the oven for 10 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
Beat the cream cheese and sugar with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Gradually beat in the cream. Add the vanilla, lemon zest, and lemon juice and beat until the filling is light and creamy.
Cut the strawberries into bite size pieces. Layer the crumble, cheesecake filling, and strawberries in cups. ( I used 20 5-ounce plastic dessert cups.)
Easy Pesto Tortellini Skewers
- 20 oz. Tortellini, refrigerated (any variety will work)
- 1/2 cup Pesto, prepared
- 4 oz. sundried tomatoes (packed in oil), julienned
- Small skewers
1. Cook tortellini according to instructions. Drain and place either back in pan or in a large bowl.
2. Stir pesto into tortellini to coat evenly.
3. Drain liquid from sundried tomatoes and place in small bowl.
4. Skewer one tortellini followed by a strip of tomato then one more tortellini and one more tomato.
5. Refrigerate until serving.
If using a combination of spinach and regular tortellini, alternate so each skewer has one of each. The color combination will make for a beautiful presentation. Serve on a platter over butter lettuce leaves. May also add a small pretty bowl of grated parmesan cheese for guests to sprinkle on their skewers.
Pepperoni Caprese Bites with Basil Vinaigrette
- 24 Mini Mozzerella balls
- 24 Basil leaves
- 24 Slices of Pepperoni
- 24 Small Cherry tomatoes
- 24 Toothpicks
Thread the mozzerella ball first then fold the pepperoni in half and half again and thread onto the toothpick. Next add the basil leaf, then the tomato.
- 1/3 cup Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 scallion, finely minced
- 6 Basil leaves, chopped fine
- Pinch of salt
- 6 grinds of black pepper
In medium glass jar, add all the above ingredients and shake well. Let sit at least 30 minutes to let the flavors develop. Then drizzle over bites. Serve on tray over butter lettuce leaves.
Smoked Salmon & Craem Cheese Cucumber Bites
- 2 English Cucumbers, peeled and cut into 1" rounds
- 1 lb. smoked salmon, cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon horseradish (more or less to taste)
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream, optional
- Toothpicks or tiny party forks
1, Peel cucumbers and slice them into 1" circles. Arrange on a platter as desired. Place in the refrigerator while preparing cream cheese.
Place cream cheese, dill, horseradish, and cream in a large bowl. Beat until well combined (a handheld mixer really helps here).
3. Spread 1 teaspoon of cream cheese on top each cucumber slice (more or less to taste), then top each slice with a bite sized piece of smoked salmon. Insert a toothpick down the center to keep in place.
4. Serve at once, or keep in the refrigerator until needed.
Note: Recommend making these as close to the serving time as possible.
- 2 (14-1/2 oz.) cans black-eyed peas, drained
- 1 (15-1/2 oz.) can white hominy, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 (8 oz.) bottle Italian salad dressing*
* I use Wishbone Italian Robusto.
Combine all ingredients except Italian dressing; mix well. Pour salad dressing over mixture; cover and marinate at least 2 hours in refrigerator. Drain and serve with corn chips. Makes 7 cups.
Special thank you to Gracie Willoughby for providing these recipes to us!